Its surprising how many people are still asking “what is a virtual assistant?”
Virtual Assistants are independent contractors who work remotely from their own home or office.
They are skilled professionals who came from a variety of different work and business backgrounds. Actually most VA’s are people who decided to leave the corporate world to work as their own boss and to have control of their time.
VA’s can do different type of work for you depending on their skill sets. They can provide administrative, technical and creative assistance from anywhere. They can do any work that a physical staff can do for you, while being entirely remote.
In these day and age there is nothing impossible, thanks to technology! VA’s use the internet, tools and softwares for project management, file sharing and conference calls. They use email, instant messaging and VOIP for communication like Skype and Hangouts.
There are different types of VA’s based on their skills sets:
- General VA – they are experts in administrative and personal assistant type tasks, like internet research, data entry, email and calendar management, travel arrangements etc.
- Social Media VA – experts in social media
- Creative VA – graphic designs, photo editing, illustrations, audio and video editing.
- Techy VA’s – these VA’s are experts on softwares and apps, I.T, web designers and developers falls under this category too.
- SEO VA – will optimize your websites for you.
- Article and Content VA – to write articles and blogs they can also write SEO contents for you
Virtual assistant are very specific with their skill sets and services they offer, for example there are WordPress and Infusionsoft Virtual Assistants that only tells exactly what their expertise are. Whatever your project is, there will be a virtual assistant out there that will be perfect fit for you and your business
So if you are considering to hire a Virtual Assistant make sure that you get someone with the skills sets that will fit with you and your business.